Windows® Compatible Network Downloader
Works with Honeywell VISTA
and LYNX controls
for Windows Software takes security system programming to a whole new
level. This network compatible software provides a quick and easy method for
planning, designing and communicating with the control panels. With Compass
Downloader for Windows, you can also upload system programming that has been
manually entered into the panel, or previously downloaded.
By using Compass Downloader for Windows, programming can
be performed at the office prior to installation, or can be downloaded from a
PC, a Laptop with a 4100SM Serial Module (where the control panel supports it)
or with a CIA modem
Compass Downloader for Windows' menu-driven format makes it easy
to learn and use!
The Compass change feature reviews all
system changes initiated by the download operator within the current session. A
complete record of system modifications and the history of an account is also
With Compass, DOS conversion is
seamless. Compass makes a copy of the existing DOS database and converts it to
the Windows format.
Distinct technology incorporated into
Compass guides you through system programming. To ensure proper panel set-up, an
error checking feature monitors programming and provides on-screen error
An on-screen help bar is displayed along the
bottom of each screen for prompt assistance. Programming field numbers within
each screen provide easy reference to the program sheet for installation and
Completely network compatible, Compass is
engineered to accommodate up to 255 users. Multiple users may access the program
and download simultaneously. Compass runs on Peer-to-Peer and LAN based networks
such as Novell® and Lantastic®. Each workstation can
support its own modem.
This new search engine allows quick and
easy access to panel features. Simply type the desired feature name or the
programming field number and the system will bring you directly to the
appropriate screen, folder and feature location.
Unlimited templates allow for design of
master accounts which result in a selection of options to expedite set-up.
With user-definable fields, you
have the option to customize your accounts screen. Gather and display the
information most important to your company.
- Processor: Pentium II or better (we do not support running Compass on Apple machines)
- RAM: 512 MB minimum 1GB recommended
- HDD: 1.2 GB minimum, 2GB Recommended
- Operating System: Windows XP Service Packs 2 or 3, Windows 2003,2005,2008 Server, Windows Vista Business*, Windows Vista Ultimate*, Windows Vista Home Basic*, Windows 7 32bit (XP Mode required for 100% compatibility. XP Mode is not available on Windows 7 Home edition), Windows 7 64 bit (XP Mode required for 100% compatibility. XP Mode is not available on Windows 7 Home edition). Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, 8.1 (with version 184.108.40.206) (only with SQL 2008), Windows 10
- Database Application: MS SQL Server 2000, MS SQL Server 2005,MS SQL 2005 express, MS SQL Express, MS SQL server 2008. MS SQL 2008 express , MS SQL 2012
- Unattended Server: Windows Server 2008 32bit, Windows 7 32bit Ram-4GB HDD->10GB space Processor-2.60GHz
- Display: 1024x768 minimum, 1280x800 Recommended
- Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or above (this is for displaying the Help files)
- CD-ROM Drive, or other access to installation files (Internet, Local Area Network, etc.)
All trademarks are the property of their